Contact: +371 28 300 800


Contact: +371 28 300 800
Address Baznīcas iela 31, Rīga, LV-1010


Gilis jaunumi


The ban on non-essential travel, the requirement to take a Covid-19 test and go in self-isolation when entering Latvia has been lifted since 16 June, if a person can present a digital Covid-19 certificate confirming the completion of vaccination or recovery from the disease. For a transitional period until 1 September, it will be possible to present a document equivalent to a digital certificate in English or in the language of the country of departure either on paper or electronically (on a smart device).

The fact of vaccination or recovery from disease is confirmed only by an interoperable EU certificate (electronically on a smart device or printed out) or a certificate of vaccination or disease issued in the EU, EEA countries, the Swiss Confederation or the United Kingdom. Proof of recovery is valid for 11 to 180 days from the onset of illness. If a person does not have such a certificate, the requirements applicable to unvaccinated or non-recovered persons shall apply.

The following are exempted from the requirements of confirming vaccination, recovery from the disease and testing:

  • Children under 13 years of age (until 1 September 2021 – also other minors) travelling with adults who are exempt from the requirement of self-isolation. However, in such cases, children do not make close contacts with persons outside their household, do not attend public events, children’s groups, do not use public transport for 10 days after leaving the high-risk country.
  • Employees of the transport and passenger service provider, crew members,
  • Air passengers who do not leave the aerodrome control area during their transit and stay there for up to 24 hours,
  • EU citizens and permanent residents declared in Valka municipality and Valga,
  • Citizens and permanent residents of the EU states who cross the Latvian land border with other EU countries on a daily basis, for example, due to employment or education.

Find out more about travel on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs!